20 Facts on Pakistan’s first women Prime Minister: Benazir Bhutto
- When was Benazir Bhutto born?
- When was Benazir Bhutto first sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan?
2 December 1988
- Benazir Bhutto was:
First woman to become Prime Minister of a Muslim country (Pakistan).
- Who dismissed Benazir Bhutto’s Government for the second time?
Farooq Ahmed Khan Leghari
- To which city was Benazir deported to when she became an opposition leader in 1992?
- In 1988, an autobiography was published about her. What was its name?
Daughter Of The west
- According to a book, the dictatorship in Pakistan had lasted for _______ years.
- On which charges was Bhutto dismissed?
- When was the Pakistan People’s Party founded?
1970, by General Mohammad Zia ul-Haq
- Bhutto’s main political rival was ______ the chief minister of the Punjab province, who argued that she was an ineffective leader.
- Bhutto claims in the afterword that she wanted a _______ Pakistan committed to equality under the law.
- Bhutto formed a _____________ with the liberal Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) for party 1st Prime Ministership.
- When Bhutto was defeated? When she came back to power?
- To which Party Benzir Bhutto belonged?
Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP)
- Who was her father?
Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, former PM of Pakistan
- When and by whom she was in house arrest?
1977, by General Mohammad Zia ul-Haq
- She moved to ______________, becoming the joint leader in exile of the PPP, then returned to Pakistan
- For How many years she was in exile?
- On which date was Benazir Bhutto assassinated?
27th December 2007
- Where did Benazir Bhutto die?