All 4 Telangana rape-murder accused killed in an encounter by the Cops



In a stunning twist to the horrendous gang-rape and murder of a 27-year-old women vet in Telangana that horrified the nation, all four men accused in the gang-rape and murder were shot dead in the early hours of Friday by the police, who claim they had snatched their weapons and fired at them during investigations at the spot where the woman’s body was found.

The men, Mohammed Arif (26), Jollu Shiva (20), Jollu Naveen (20) and Chintakunta Chennakeshavulu (20), had been taken at the spot for a reconstruction of the incident at 5.45 am where the charred body of the woman was found, around 50 km from Hyderabad. And at that point of time, they were not handcuffed.

On November 27, the men, all truck-drivers and cleaners, saw the 27-year-old woman park her scooter near a toll-booth on a busy highway. They allegedly deflated her scooter tyre and took her to a truck yard with the promise of fixing her scooter, gang-raped her, strangled her and burnt her body to destroy evidence.

It is claimed by the police that the accused started attacking them with sticks, stones and sharp objects and snatched their weapons, which were already unlocked.

A few moments later, all the four accused lay scattered on the ground. Two of them held guns – Mohammed Arif and Chennakeshavulu.

Two policemen suffered head injuries in the 10- member team (not bullet wounds), said Mr Sajjanar.

“The law has done its duty. That’s all I can say,” the officer said, responding to skepticism. The four, he said, had confessed and were hardcore criminals. Also, “scientific evidence” proved their role, said the police chief.

The bodies of the accussed were moved after six hours. After the news break-out, a huge crowd gathered on the bridge overlooking the spot where the incident took place and cheered the police with may showering rose petals.

The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) is said to investigate into the matter and send a team to the encounter spot.

The woman’s father told news agency ANI: “It has been 10 days to the day my daughter died. I express my gratitude towards the police and the government for this. My daughter’s soul must be at peace now.”

Several celebrities and even politicians praised the police though there were many voices of caution.

Social media is flooded with vastly contrasting reactions on the encounter.


– Vedio Source- India Today.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here