Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a recent televised address to the nation today called for a complete lock-down in India for 21 days starting from 12 am tonight.
- No need to panic. Essential commodities and medicines will be available, says PM Modi.
- The death toll of coronavirus in Delhi rises to 10.
- The Supreme Court of India says it will not take up the matters listed before it for tomorrow even through video conferencing, hence, the matters are adjourned in view of the 21-day lock-down.
- PM warns against rumors and superstitions.
- The Indian Government allocates Rs.15,000 crore to strengthen health infrastructure.
- Grocery shops, banks, petrol pumps to remain open
- Making any false claim to get any relief during lockdown shall result in imprisonment for up to 2 years.
- More than 500 cases of coronavirus have been reported in India and 606 districts are under restrictions.
- Stock market to remain open despite 21 days lock-down
- Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath confirms home delivery of grocery and vegetables from tomorrow.
- Kerala reports 14 new coronavirus cases.
- Calcutta High courts and district courts in Bengal suspend their functioning to April 9.
- 110 FIRs registered against people breaking the lock-down order and to be seen on the streets.
- 400 people detained in Gujrat for violating the lock-down order
- IRCTC to passengers- Don’t cancel train tickets. You will get a refund automatically.
- Government of Uttar Pradesh provides financial aid to 20 lakh daily wage earners.
Regular visa,e-visa or stay stipulation of all foreign nationals extended till midnight of 15 April 2020 on ‘GRATIS’ basis: Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).