No Driving Licence, Vehicle Registration? How to Avoid Paying Hefty Fine
Driving without possessing your driving license, or a copy of your vehicle registration documents will attract a hefty penalty if brought to the notice of a traffic police officer.
The norm has been to physically carry a copy/copies of your driving license and registration documents.
However, the Union Transport Ministry has recently directed States to facilitate the method of accepting the electronic format of driving licence and registration documents.
With the electronic format, you do not need to carry physical copies of your driving licence and vehicle registration documents.
Through mobile apps like DigiLocker and mParivahan, you can easily produce your driving licence and vehicle registration to a traffic police officer.
If you desire to save your driving licence or vehicle registration documents on this app, the following directions are quite useful:
- Download and install the DigiLocker app from Google Playstore or iOS App Store.
- Once you successfully install the app, enter your details, and the OTP verification number, to successfully create an account.
- Once the verification process is done, and your account is successfully created, upload and store a picture of your driving licence and vehicle registration documents on the application interface.
This app is a government app through which you can conduct an all-India RTO vehicle registration number search.
You can store your vehicle registration documents on this app, by following the simple steps below:
- Download and install the app from Google Playstore or iOS App Store.
- Create your account by filling in your mobile number, other details, and OTP verification number sent to you.
- Once you are successfully registered, scroll to the “My RC” section.
- Enter your vehicle registration number, and click on the search button.
- You will be asked to fill in the last four digits of your challan number, and your vehicle’s engine number.
- Fill in all the details, and click on the button – “Verify and Get Details”.
To store your driving licence on the app, follow the simple steps below:
- Scroll to the – “My DL” – section.
- Enter your driving licence number and the date of birth mentioned on your driving licence.
- Click the search button.
- The app will fetch your driving licence details, and save its digital copy.
With the help of the DigiLocker and mParivahan apps, you do not need to carry the physical copy of your driving licence and vehicle registration documents.
So, if you bump into a traffic police officer, you will not be scared of attracting a hefty fine. The digital copy of your driving licence, and vehicle registration documents can easily be produced.