Procedure to Pay Traffic Challan Online and Offline in India
A traffic challan in India can be paid both online and offline.
All the states in India have their website where online traffic challans can be paid.
The candidate will have to visit the official transport website of their respective state to submit a traffic challan online.
Steps involved in submitting a traffic challan online-
- Look for and visit your cities official transport website
- Locate the section on the website dedicated to paying violation fines.
- Choose the right option if you want to pay violation notices, spot fines, parking charges or any other charges.
- Make sure to select the appropriate link where you will be required to enter certain details depending on the type of violation you are liable for.
- You will be required to enter your new vehicle registration number or your old registration number or your parking violation tag number if you know.
- After submitting the details enter the current outstanding amount.
- A Master or Visa card can be used to make traffic challan payments online.
- Before clicking the submit option do not forget to enter the captcha in the space provided.
- You will be redirected to a payment gateway page to make your online payment.
The offline procedure to pay traffic challan offline-
- Traffic challan offline can be paid at any traffic police station in your city.
- You will be required to take along the letter for a traffic violation if you have received any while visiting your nearest police station in order to pay your traffic challan.
- Make sure you do not delay or have any pending traffic violation fines.
- If you are caught violating any traffic rules you can request the traffic Inspector to check for any previous dues you have and pay them altogether.
Procedure to pay traffic challan through Paytm-
Paytm has become India’s one of the leading e-payment companies that have enabled people to go cashless and still complete their payments via the Paytm app.
To pay traffic challan via Paytm-
- Visit the official website of Paytm and download the Paytm app on your phone.
- Login using your credentials and if you are not registered, register yourself.
- Look for the “Pay Traffic Challan” option with the traffic lights emblem on the app that can be located under the Recharge and Bill Payments section in the Paytm app.
- Enter your city’s name.
- Enter your vehicle number or the traffic challan number.
- Choose the mode of payment. The app allows payments using a debit or a credit card, the Paytm wallet balance, UPI, or net banking.
- You then will be redirected to a payment gateway where you can process the payment.
- Once payment has been submitted by you, an email and an SMS will be sent to your registered email id and your registered phone number to instantly confirm your transaction.