The coronavirus crisis has led to the imposing of section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure which specifies unlawful assembly (avoiding gathering of more than four people) in Delhi from March 22, 9 pm to the midnight of March 31.
The order was issued by the Delhi Police stating that there was a likelihood of community transmission of coronavirus. The said order was publicized by SN Shrivastava, the Commissioner of Delhi Police for maintaining public safety.
The imposition of the section has led to prohibiting assembly of any kind be it demonstrations or any social, cultural or religious gatherings.
Setting up of weekly markets too have been banned in the national capital along with guided tours by private operators.
Measures adopted in Delhi to combat Covid-19 and Today’s Schedule you need to know-
- Educational institutions, markets, malls, shops, cinema halls have been shut down.
- Buses and metros are being disinfected daily.
- Only takeaway and home delivery services are allowed, announced CM Arvind Kejriwal.
- Kejriwal has announced those receiving ration from fair-price shops would get 50% extra for the next month.
Timings for Delhi Metro on Monday, 23 March as issued by DMRC-
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has issued a press release stating the following timings of the Delhi Metro today-
- The Delhi Metro services will begin from 6 am across originating stations of all Lines with a frequency of 20 minutes until 8 am.
- People belonging to essential services such as hospitals, police, etc. only will be permitted to enter the Metro stations from 6 to 8 am after producing their ID cards.
- The common people can access the trains which will run at normal frequency until 10 am.
- The Metro trains will not be functioning from 10 am to 4 pm except for those trains which are on the way to their destination stations.
- Subsequently, the Metro services will function normally from 4 to 8 pm after which there will be no further services in the day.