What is the difference between a Customer and a Consumer?
Who is a Customer?
A customer is someone who buys goods or a commodity and pays the price for it.
Who is a Consumer?
A consumer is someone who consumes the goods. Who is the user of the goods purchased by him/her.
Difference between a Customer and a Consumer-
- The one who buys goods or services from a seller for a price is a Customer, whereas a Consumer is someone who uses and consumes the goods bought from the seller.
- To use a product or service, the customer needs to buy it first, whereas a Consumer may or may not buy a product.
- A customer shall buy a product or a service either for a resale or for consumption, whereas, a Consumer buys a product or service only for consumption.
- A Customer can be an individual or a Company, whereas, a Consumer can be an individual, a family or a group.
- A customer has the ability to resell the purchased goods, whereas a Consumer can not resell the bought product or service.