Citizenship under the Constitution of India
- Which type of Citizenship Constitution has established for the whole of India?
- Which Part of Indian Constitution deals with citizenship?
- What are the ways of acquiring citizenship?
- The concept of single citizenship has been acquired by the Constitution of:
- Who is competent to provide citizenship guidelines?
- To acquire citizenship by registration a person must have been resident in India for how many years immediately before making an application?
- Who have the right to hold certain high offices such as those of the president, Vice-President, Governor of State etc.?
- Every person shall be a citizen of India who has migrated from Pakistan to India before …….. And since then have been ordinarily residing in India.
19th July 1948
- If a person want to acquire a citizenship of India through Naturalization, he must fulfill what conditions?
- Renounces his citizenship of the other Country
- He is of a good character.
- After Naturalization he intends to reside in India.
- What is the meaning of Domicile according to Indian Constitution?
- In how many ways do Citizenship Act, 1955 provide for the acquisition of Indian citizenship after the commencement of Indian Constitution?
- Who can acquire the Indian citizenship by Naturalization?
Keep in mind that N.R.I. and Overseas Indians can’t acquire by this method.
- If any new territory becomes a part of India, Who shall notify the persons of that territory to be citizens of India?
Government of India
- What is known as a voluntary act by which a person after acquiring a citizenship of another country gives up his Indian citizenship?
- What are the few ways of losing citizenship in India?