ABOUT THE JOURNAL
The NLIU Law Review is the flagship journal of the National Law Institute University, Bhopal. It is a peer-reviewed academic law journal, published biannually by the students of the University. The Law Review aims to promote a culture of scholarly research and academic writing by bringing to the forefront, articles on subjects of interest to the legal profession and academia.
ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM
The NLIU Law Review is pleased to announce the third edition of the NLIU – India Foundation Constitutional Law Symposium, 2023 which is to be organized from 22 – 23 April, 2023. The aim of the Symposium is to provide a platform for discussion on contemporary constitutional law issues in India. The event consists of a paper presentation competition and multiple panel discussions held over a period of two days. The manuscripts shortlisted for the symposium shall be published in a special theme based Issue.
The overarching theme for this Issue is “Individual Rights vis-à-vis the Constitutional Order“.
1.Technological Advancements, Individualism and Fundamental Rights
– Technology & the right to privacy: The new draft Digital Personal Data Protection Bill, 2022
– Revisiting Article 19 in the age of social media
– Academic freedom in the context of right to education
- Individualism with regard to the Right to Freedom of Religion
– Anti-conversion laws and personal autonomy
– Same sex marriages and inter-religious marriages (right to choose one’s partner)
– Examining Uniform Civil Code and personal laws through the lens of individualism
– Freedom of speech and blasphemy laws
– Constitutionality of religious practices
- The Spirit of Constitutionalism, Good Governance and Collective Justice
– Role of judiciary in good governance
– Balancing judicial accountability and judicial independence within the constitutional framework
– The right to equality and affirmative action in context of the recent judicial pronouncements
– Re-examining the scope of judicial review in the Indian constitution
– Re-imaging the doctrine of separation of powers for the 21st century
Note: The sub-themes and topics mentioned thereunder are suggestive in nature and manuscripts that fall under the ambit of the overarching theme will also be considered for review.
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
Types of Submissions accepted by the NLIU Law Review:
Manuscripts on any topic of contemporary legal relevance based on the theme for the Issue meeting the below-mentioned criteria:
- Articles: 4,000 – 8,000 words
- Case Notes: 2,000-5,000 words
- Legislative Comments: 1,000-3,000 words
- Book Reviews: 1,000-3,000 words
The word limit is exclusive of the abstract and the footnotes.
B.General Submission Guidelines:
- Manuscripts submitted to the journal must not be co-authored by more than two persons.
- Manuscripts must include an abstract of 250-300 words. The abstract must highlight the structure and the essence of the manuscript.
- All submissions must be in .docx format. They must be word-processed and compatible with Microsoft Word 2007 or above.
- The manuscript should not contain any information that can be used to identify the author.
- Authors are requested to strictly adhere to theSubmission Guidelines.
- All the submissions must comply with our Copyright and Open Access Policy.
- Manuscripts not in conformity with the Submission Guidelines may be rejected at the sole discretion of the Editorial Board. The Editorial Board reserves the right to send the manuscripts back to the authors for any modification(s) at any stage, in the event of non-conformity with any of the submission guidelines.
- Citation Standards:
- Citations must strictly conform to the standards laid down in the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (4th ed., 2012).
- Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation.
- Speaking or substantive footnotes are highly discouraged.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
In case of any queries, please drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the following persons:
Diksha Bhatt: Editor-in-Chief (+91 9977313720)
Uddhav Tiwari: Deputy Editor-in-chief (+91 9406662650)
Download the following PDF for- Call for Papers – 3rd NLIU India Foundation Symposium, 2023
Download the following PDF for-NLIU LR Submission Guidelines Vol. 12 Issue 2 (2023)