About the Review:
The NLUJ Law Review is the flagship journal of National Law University, Jodhpur, established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues in India. It is a bi-annual, double-blind student reviewed and edited journal focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing. The remit of the Review is not restricted to any particular field of law, but broad enough to include national as well as international legal and policy-related issues.
Nature of Submissions:
The NLUJ Law Review invites original, unpublished manuscripts from all academicians, authors, legal professionals and students from India and abroad, under the following categories –
- Long Articles (6500 -8500 words, including footnotes)
This category is designed to comprehensively deal with and provide a sustained analysis of a particular legal topic. It must analyse the current practice in the field, identify the lacunae therein, along with providing constructive suggestions. Author(s) are also encouraged to write analytical responses to earlier publications of the Review.
- Short Articles (3500–6000 words, including footnotes)
Papers in this category, must undertake a more comprehensive study of specific topics, providing a new perspective and critical insight on the subject.
- Notes and Comments (1500-3000 words, including footnotes)
‘Notes and Comments’ are an important feature of the Review. A note is a concise argument focusing on any recent legal controversy or debate. A comment is limited to critical appraisal of a recent judicial decisions, new legislations, or policy reform proposals.
- General Instructions
- Long articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- Up to 2 co-authors are allowed for all categories, except Notes and Comments wherein co-authorship is not allowed.
- All works must be original and unpublished, and not pending for review before any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication in the Review.
- Submissions that exceed the word limit will not be accepted.
- Deadline for submissions is 09th September 2017, 11:59 p.m. IST.
- In order to ensure transparency in the blind review process, the name of the author or institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the manuscript or its properties.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Garamond font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Garamond font size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Text and footnotes should conform to A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015) (“The Bluebook”). Speaking footnotes are discouraged. Submissions with endnotes will be rejected.
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 200 word abstract. The second page should contain a table of contents, and the main body of the manuscript must begin immediately thereafter.
- Submission through email
- All submissions must be mailed in Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission for 5.1’. PDF/other formats/hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- The body of the email must mention the name of the author(s), contact number, academic year (if applicable), qualifications (if applicable), institutional affiliation, title of the paper, and a declaration to the affect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the author.
All questions and queries can be addressed to email@example.com.
Alternatively you may contact:
Abhilash Agarwal Arushie Marwah